Business Enhancement Grant
The Town of Fraser recognizes that the character and condition of commercial buildings form the basis of the public's overall impression of our business community and affects the vitality of the local business. The purpose of the Business Enhancement Grant program is to provide funding assistance for local businesses and organizations to help improve the economic vitality of Fraser by encouraging enhancements to the physical appearance of their business property. Local businesses or organizations may submit an application outlining their proposal and funding request using the attached application form. Additional materials may be submitted to help clarify the proposal.
Local businesses or organizations may submit an application outlining their proposal and funding request using the attached application form. Additional materials may be submitted to help clarify the proposal.
Administrative approval of grant applications is provided by staff for applications that meet the following criteria:
• Maximum grant award of $7,500.
• A minimum of 50% of project costs must be provided by the applicant.
• Projects eligible for administrative approval are limited to publicly displayed art, landscaping, exterior decorations, building facade improvements/renovations, painting, signage, awnings, cornices, and related exterior improvements, and design costs.
• Administrative approvals may not exceed the annual budget appropriations for the program.
• Projects must be completed by December 31st, 2021
Any Business Enhancement Grant Application that does not meet the provisions of the above paragraph may be considered and approved only by the Town Board. All such approvals will be on a case by case basis and each application will be considered only on the merits of the proposal.
• New construction
• Property acquisition
• Refinancing existing debt
• Interior improvements, equipment, fixtures and/or furnishings
• Reimbursement for costs incurred prior to business enhancement grant approval
• Home occupations
• Completed Business Enhancement Grant Application (see next page).
• Site plan, a sketch of project location, photographs, etc., to promote the project. A survey may be required.
• Itemized budget.
• Landscape proposals must provide a complete plant list with quantities.
This program cannot be used for projects that have been completed or initiated prior to approval. Upon approval, grant funds are provided after completion of the project and submission of a certification of project expenses. Grantee may be subject to the receipt of a Form 1099 pursuant to the Internal Revenue Service and therefore must fill out a W-9 form.